Hibiscus House on Isla Contadora in Panama is a little gem of a bed and breakfast in the stunning Pearl Islands. Isla Contadora is just a short one and a half hours by ferry from Panama City. If you are looking for adventure and demand to do it in style, then a trip to Hibiscus House should be top of your list.
About Hibiscus House
The property is located in a peaceful residential area. It is just a few minutes walk to nearby white sand beaches, and calm bays of turquoise water filled with tropical fish. The front and back decks of the house showcase a native tropical wooded area with luscious palm trees, indigenous flowers, and an abundance of wildlife. You are almost guaranteed to see hummingbirds, green parrots, pelicans, magnificent frigata, sloths, deer and agouti. Isla Contadora is an amazing location to enjoy your tropical vacation and Hibiscus House is the perfect place to stay whilst on the island.
Hibiscus House Bed and Breakfast Accommodation
Hibiscus House Bed and Breakfast has four different and equally comfortable room options.
- Three of the rooms feature a king size bed, two of which have a private ensuite washroom.
- There is also one triple room with one queen bed and one single bed and ensuite washroom.
- Finally one room with one queen bed that shares a washroom with one of the king rooms. The two rooms sharing a washroom form a suite which is ideal for families with children.
What is included
Peace and Tranquility
All of the rooms are independently air-conditioned and have flat screen TVs and satellite service. The accommodations include daily maid service plus a delicious, hearty breakfast, which changes each day.
The owner Alan is frequently at Hibiscus House and is very enjoyable company plus a mine of information about the island.
Contact us for details:
Make a reservation at Hibiscus House on Isla Contadora, Panama
Please note that this is a direct booking with The Hibiscus House
Telephone: +507 6781-1638
Email: [email protected]
WHAT 3 WORDS::
OS grid reference:
Lat: 8.624615309088952 Long: -79.04303668453433
JXF4+CQV, Saboga, Panama
Things to do on Isla Contadora
At only 1.4 miles wide, everything is within walking distance! Walking is a great way to discover and explore “hidden” nooks and crannies around the island. The streets are illuminated at night, and the island is safe. During the day you can do as much or as little as you wish. If you get tired of lying on the white sand beaches or swimming in the crystal clear waters.
We recommend the following:
- Beach Combing. Walk on the beaches where several Survivor television series have been filmed.
- Whale Watching with Whale Watching Panama
- Snorkeling from the Beach and we are happy to point out the best spots.
- Sign up for one of the tours available with Terry and Ilene from Pearl Island Day Tours
- Try stand-up paddleboarding with Michelle from Pearl Island Paddle
- Bird Watching. Bring your binoculars to get close up views of the many different birds including the Blue-footed Booby.
- Scuba diving with the Coral Dreams dive shop
A great overview of Hibiscus House and Isla Contadora
Getting to Contadora
The Sea Las Perlas Ferry makes the 90 minute trip daily from the Amador Causeway in Panama City to Island Contadora. They have a fleet of spacious and stable Catermarans. Check their website
www.ferrypearlislands.com for schedules, rates, online reservations and additional information, or call them at 507 391-1424.
Air Panama makes the 15 minute trip daily from the Albrook airport in Panama City to Contadora. Check their website www.airpanama.com for schedules, rates, online reservations and additional information. You can also call them at (507) 316-9000.
If you are planning a couple of days in Panama City, this bed and Breakfast is in a great location