The Plume of Feathers in Princetown has recently reopened and is now one of the leading destinations in Princetown. Whether you want a quiet pint with the locals, a cheap place to camp or simple accommodation on Dartmoor, this place is ideal.
The Plume is located right across the street from the visitor centre, in the heart of this traditional Dartmoor town. There is plenty of parking and it makes for a great base from which to explore the Dartmoor national park.
There are no airs and graces, just a down to earth place where families and friends get together for a sociable day, weekend or longer.
Our bar in the old part of the building and courtyard are fully open and serving a wide range of drinks and hot beverages.
Open 12 – 11pm Wednesday to Saturday. 12 – 10pm Sundays.
Our kitchen refurbishment has started, so we are currently not serving meals. We do however have a great coffee and cake offer which runs every day. Our kitchen should be fully functioning by December 2023.
Our campsite is now open and ready to take overnight guests.
- Up to 75 grass pitches (no electric hook-ups)
- Up to 10 Motorhomes (no electric hook-ups)
- Communal showers in a separate block.
- Communal Pots & pans wash up area.
- Waste disposal point.
Sorry but no Barbeques are allowed due to fire risks on Dartmoor.
Camping/ Motorhome Fees:
- £15 per pitch including one person
- £10 for each additional person. E.g. Four people in one tent or motorhome = £45 or four people in two tents or two motorhomes = £50.
Our bunkhouse rooms in the main building are now open and ready to take overnight guests.
We have four rooms with four bunkbeds in each and one room with two bunkbeds. All rooms are on the 1st floor of the building and accessed by a staircase. Shared Ladies and separate shared Gents shower rooms/toilet facilities. Shared cooking facilities. Non-smoking.
- £15 per bunkbed (please note that linen, pillows, towels and toiletries are not included).
- £40 for exclusive use of a sleeps four bunkroom. (Please note that linen, towels and toiletries are not included).
- £30 for exclusive use of the sleeps two bunkroom. (Please note that linen, towels and toiletries are not included).
Make a reservation at The Plume of Feathers
Please note that this is a direct booking with The Plume of Feathers in Princetown
Email: [email protected]
WHAT 3 WORDS::
OS grid reference:
Lat: 50.5439395 Long: -3.9916567,17